Castle Bergün Filisur
Castle ruin Greifenstein
Show all 3 images
The castle was probably built in the 12th century. It was the centre of the Greifenstein dominion with the villages Filisur, Bergün, Latsch and Stugl/Stuls. From the end of the 14th century until 1537 the castle was the regional administrative centre of the bishop of Chur. The episcopal bailiffs left the population more and more rights until they bought themselves out in 1537. After that the castle was no longer inhabited. However, the great decay of the castle only took place in 1840: The walls of the castle were used to build the school in Filisur.
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.