Naturlehrpfad Filisur

FiliTour Nr. 14: Haus Ambühl

Das Haus Ambühl.
Die tiefe Bogennische umfasst die beiden Sulèrtore.

Show all 7 images

Laut Inschrift über dem Eingangsbogen wurde das Haus von Michael Jost für seine beiden Söhne gebaut.


Long separated, finally united

The striking semi-detached house at the eastern entrance to the village was built by Michael Jost for his two sons Peter and Betrami in 1672. It impresses with its symmetrical gable façade and the mighty round arch niche, which includes the two Sulèr portals.

In semi-detached houses, strict attention was paid to the separation of households. This led to complicated passages into the stables in the basement. It is unusual that the two separate Cuort entrances are located on the same side next to each other. However, the path to the stable of the left part of the house leads around the cuort of the right half of the house. This was also recorded in the land register. This made it difficult for the Ambühl family, who already owned the left part of the house, to expand after the purchase of the right part of the house.

In the audio, Hanni Ambühl explains how it was possible to delete the rights of passage and rebuild the house according to her ideas. The audio file can be found at the back of the pictures. 

Audio Guide

Haus Ambühl


FiliTour Nr. 14: Haus Ambühl

Dorfstrasse 76/78, 7477 Filisur

Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.